Saturday 1 December 2012

A Conquering Saturday

There are some Saturdays were we laying in bed, lounge around the house, eat something warmed up, watch a movie, and go to bed.  Other Saturdays are epic days of achievement.  This was such a day.  

Clearly, this joint was ready to be replaced. :-)
8:00, sun is up, and I couldn't stay in bed.  Already I slept in 4 hours longer than usual, thus encouraging my body and mind to conquer greatness.  So, out to the garage I went.  Recently when I got my car back from a tire change there was a noticeable  "thump, thump, thump" that would increase or decrease depending on my speed, gear, and smoothness of the ride.  Immediately my thought was the wheel bearing.  After investigating the wheel, I didn't find any looseness or other "shot  bearing" trademarks.  I did find too much slack and up-down movement in the outer tie rod end.  Thus I did research, called Mr. T., and concluded they both needed replacement.  Today, I took the drivers side front wheel off, brake parts, popped the tie rob joint out of the knuckle, and realized I needed another pipe wrench to finish removing the end due to rust joints, and that the bearing might be ok.  This realization forced me inside to enjoy my wife's labors of "Heavenly Baked French Toast" for breakfast, and homemade hot cocoa.

Being the first of the month, it is also time to do our monthly meal planning and shopping.  Seeing that I have such an wonderful wife, she already did most of the planning.  After a little conferring with each other, we went grocery shopping, auto parts retrieval, tools drooling/purchasing, and restocked out mouse traps. After all that, we were able to call my favorite mother-in-law on their home phone in Austria as we are testing skype/google voice for a viable phone replacement option.

Eventually I managed to replace the tie rod end after much penetrating oil, drying, heating, grunting, and patience.  The parts are back on, quiet, and he isalmost ok.  Daroga(Dodge Neon) now needs a major alignment. :-)

By 17:00, Deckers where here, brought food, and we were ready to eat, watch a movie and play a game.  That, is what a conquered Saturday looks like around here.

The makings of a grand hot coca

blended and pulverized 

scrumptious breakfast

The evening's victors




No comments:

Post a Comment