Saturday 14 April 2012

Trenching for a New Water Line.

Marriage is a big step.  Knowing the person you are marrying really is not an option.  Before you “take the plunge” you have a short glimpse of who you think your future spouse is, but you don’t really know.  Same with a house...
Our house is a quaint little shack that needs a love, care, respect, and lots of trust in our Father to care for us as we work on it.  In reality, it is a big barrel of work. Today Samuel helped me dig a trench to replace the water line.  Anna installed our new door handles and locks, weeded the hostas, swept our sidewalks and brought us supper.  Sam helped in the trench, repaired the front porch stairs, entertained me, took pictures, encouraged me, mocked me, jeered at me, and all together made me feel like a wonderful brother.  Thank you Chops.  
As I was taking out a rose bush, trenching, digging around the curb connection, I had some “helpfull” advise from on-lookers.  One neighbor, Mike, is a nice and respectable individual (and has a pitbull named Charlie).  The guy that lives a few houses down is a bit… kooky in Anna’s words.  He acts partly drunk(maybe he was???), past contractor, used to have seisures, knows just about everyone around our home, is kind and generous(gave us a tarp and a small digging “tool”), and he is very good at talking.
Overall it was a good day of hard work.  Met the people around us and even finished the trench.  Only thing left is to find out why the water company line is leaking, tunnel under the sidewalk(using a pipe, or just go through the old pip was) and to install my new water line after drilling through an 18” foundation.





No comments:

Post a Comment